Monday, January 5, 2009

whoa, emerald isle!

I have safely arrived in Galway!

I had to fly from Pittsburgh to Newark. Then from Newark to Shannon (6 hours). And then take a bus from Shannon to Galway (2 hours). And then get a cab to my flat (...5 minutes).

By the way, my flat is FREEZING. I have the heater on full blast in my room and it doesn't really circulate the air. By my desk it's fine. But my bed is ridiculously cold. I just took a two hour nap that was supposed to be one hour because I didn't want to leave the bed! This is not good for a girl who is always cold! Hopefully it'll get warmer soon. Or I'll just get used to it.

I've only met two of my roommates--Kelly and Sarah. They're from Duquesne and flew on the same flight. We have three more roommates arriving sometime between tomorrow and Wednesday. They're pretty nice. I think it'll work out. All of us have our own rooms. Some have their own bathroom (me!). And we have a shared living room/dining room/kitchen space. I'm going to take some pictures to post in a bit.

I don't have a way of getting in contact with the other girls in the other flat. All of us expressed a desire to go into the city and explore. But I don't know if that's going to happen tonight. Kelly's not feeling well and Sarah just went to take a nap. Maybe Sarah will go when she wakes up.

I'm just bored. My roommates are sleeping. The other girls are AWOL. I'm cold. And the TV in our living room does not work. BUT I'M IN IRELAND! So everything's fine!

The drive in from Shannon was gorgeous. Actually, Ireland really reminds me of Brittany, France so far. Especially Queven. It even smells the same! I really don't know how to describe that smell. It smells comforting and welcoming.

Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment