Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oops!

Sorry, everyone. I've been AWOL for a bit. (I recently learned what AWOL stands for. Don't judge.)

Well, actually. The internet in Cuirt na Coiribe went down Saturday afternoon. There was a big storm. And apparently when big storms happen, things break. And that makes me nervous. Because it storms quite a bit. And the office closes for the whole weekend. So we were left without the internet until Monday morning. I know. It was only two days. But when people depend on Skyping and IMing for their connections back home, two days is a long time. But it's amazing how much reading you get done with you don't have the internet. I'm just saying.

So Sarah, Kelly, Abby, and I decided it would be a good idea to go for a walk to the delicious creperie in the previously mentioned storm. This resulted in an absolutely phenomenal lunch (best crepes EVER.) and pretty nasty colds for Abby and myself. For the most part, I'm feeling healthy. My sinuses stopped crushing my face. But my throat hasn't stopped hurting.

Today was Inauguration Day! The college bar had a thing. They were airing CNN on a bunch of different TVs. The bar was packed and everyone was cheering and loving everything. It was awesome. I'm gonna make another post about it later with a whole buncha pictures, don't you worry.

As for right now, I need to get some sleep. Sarah and I are leaving at 5 AM to go stand in line to register for our English seminar courses. There are only 15 spots available in each class and they're given on a first come, first serve basis. There are people going at 2 AM. I'm not even kidding. I'm hoping for the Jane Austen seminar, but if I don't get that, I have some backups. But waiting (probably outside) for about 4 hours isn't going to do much for my cold. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment