Monday, February 16, 2009

new favorite.

Laundry here is a huge hassle. They have four washers and four dryers for the entire complex (over 200 people). So you have to do your laundry at ungodly hours just to get a machine. Sometimes people from the other complex (GORT na Coiribe) use our machines if their room is full. Also, it costs about 6 Euro for each load (3 Euro to wash and 3 Euro to dry). If you have three loads (lights, darks, brights) that's 18 Euro. Plus the machines are tiny so if you haven't done laundry in a while, you might have to break it up into more loads. And some of the dryers don't even work.

Expensive hassle.

But not anymore. We found this laundry service that picks up and drops off your laundry. I used it this weekend. The guy came by, took my bag. And this morning he dropped it off, it was folded and sorted and CLEAN. I had about a month's worth of laundry and it only came to 10 Euro.

I feel so lazy, but seriously if it's cheaper than doing it myself, why not? Lots of love for Claddagh Laundry.

In other news, Valentine's Day wasn't so bad. Abby and I went on a roomie date to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona which was pretty funny and also made us want to go to Barcelona. So we're gonna look into that. Then we went out with everyone else to Hole in the Wall, then Club K again (only club that was free entry and they had 3 Euro cocktails! Win!), and then to Bar 903. It was a really fun time. Just being with friends. And Eric is visiting in about three weeks! So I have that to look forward to.

My mom is trying to visit the week before, if money issues work out. I really hope she can come.

As for right now, I have to write a 1000 word presentation on American Psycho (Patrick Bateman and women...oh dear). So I should probably do that. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP! If I could have someone do a month's worth of laundry for €10, I'd hire out as well! After your figure the costs of detergent and water, usage of the machine and the time you have to spend on the laundry? €10 is a STEAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wonder if such laundry genies exist in pittsburgh. i would totally do it. i mean, folded and everything!

    ReplyDelete