Tuesday, February 24, 2009

academic zen.

For some reason the library is incredibly calming right now.

It's not even a very nice library.

It's just quiet. And I feel like I'm getting things accomplished. But of course I'm sitting here and going on Facebook and updating this while I print things. But whatever works.

I have an essay due Friday of next week. But I'm trying to get it done by the end of this week because my mom is coming on Saturday! Much excitement about her arrival, but not much excitement about pounding out a paper.

Also, this week is RAG Week. Apparently it's the week everyone looks forward to. People come to Galway from all over Ireland for this thing. And it's just absolute debauchery.
Absolute.
Debauch.
Ery.
Yet somehow it's a week geared toward raising money for charity? I'm not really sure how excessive drinking ties in to raising 20,000 Euro for the Rape Crisis Center. Only in Ireland.

I haven't participated at all thus far. It started on Sunday. People are just drunk ALL day and they go out into the courtyard of the apartment and scream and throw things and stumble around and pee on the walls. Wretched.

This morning when I left to go to class, I seriously thought the apocalypse came and went. There were broken bottles and articles of clothing everywhere, not a single person in sight, and a misty fog hanging in the air.

Abby wants me to go out tonight. If I get enough research done (and take a nap, ugh), we might go to Roisin Dubh. Hopefully that'll be a little more low key considering it's a bit out of the way. But I don't think anything is low key this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment