Thursday, June 18, 2009

back!

Yeah, yeah. I've been back. Updating is such a hassle!

So yes. I've been back in the States for about two months now. Of course it took me a month to even touch my suitcases. Eh. Not worried about it. It's been a pretty eventful summer so far.

I got a job at a Mexican restaurant called Amigos. I still haven't called Eat n Park to tell them I'm not coming back, but...I feel like they get the picture. They put me through so much stress and unrest that I'd be happy if I never set foot in there ever again. The Whitehall one, of course. Not South Park. That's the hangout. Clearly. But Amigos is an absolute dream in comparison. The only downfall is that it's not a very busy restaurant, so I don't make much money in tips. But all of the managers are great and so not on power trips, which is the most important thing. We also have a lot of fun at work. It's just a great job. I don't dread going, a refreshing change from Eat n Park where I'd come 15 minutes early to sit in my car and prepare myself for the hell I was about to experience.

My mom also got me the best birthday present ever. She paid for 24 sessions with a personal trainer. It was pretty steep, but it's definitely worth it. I want to get down to a size 10. Or lose at least 5 inches in my hips and waist each. So far it's going pretty well. The first month was spent building muscle so I could actually handle the exercises he's giving me. And now we've bumped it up to all cardio all the time. It's exhausting but really fulfilling.

And the biggest news of all...

On Sunday morning, June 14th, my nephew was born!

His name is Easton Ryder Noderer. And he's beautiful.
He weighed in at 8 pounds, 2 ounces. Which is a pretty big baby, especially since he was 4 weeks early! The doctors said if he went to full term, he'd be between 10 and 12 pounds. So far he's a very sleepy baby. Both Mommy and Daddy are doing well. They all came home from the hospital yesterday and my mom and I are going to visit them today. That's my brother Casey holding him. I'm pretty sure he'd wanted to be a dad since he was 15. Even when I was a baby, he would take care of me. So, of course, he can't stop glowing.


1 comment: